What do I do?
I support organisations to understand and connect with their visitors, participants and stakeholders. I work on projects which encourage positive change and help make society more equitable. I develop, deliver and manage:
- evaluation, research and advocacy work,
- learning programmes, training and events,
- interpretation and resources (nature, heritage, arts, science),
- participation and engagement work,
- projects and partnerships.
The common thread? People are at the heart of it all…
Where do I work?
I’m based in Sheffield and enjoy working across the country. Over the last few years, I’ve worked with clients including the Health Foundation, Science Museum Group, Natural England, the RSPB, the National Trust, English National Ballet, Imperial War Museums, Children & the Arts, University of Sheffield, Museums Sheffield, Museum Development North West, the Poetry Society and Unilever Art, Archives and Records Management. Find out what they think of working with me here.
- Since 1998, I’ve worked across the arts, heritage, community, education and health sectors.
- I’ve got first-hand experience of national, regional and independent museums and galleries, nature reserves, historic houses, arts organisations, community projects, schools and universities.
- I’ve been part of learning, marketing and curatorial teams, and am a big advocate of cross-departmental working.
- I am a freelance trainer for the Carbon Literacy for Museums course.
- I enjoy teaming up with artists, designers and other creatives to explore fresh perspectives and imaginative approaches.
My practice is built on solid foundations and I keep myself up to date and enthused with plenty of professional development.
- Certified Carbon Literate through the Carbon Literacy Project in 2022
- Member of the Visitor Studies Group
- Became an Associate of the Museums Association in 2010
- Awarded Winston Churchill Research Fellowship in 2010
- MRS Certificate in Market and Social Research
- MA Museum Studies, University of Leicester, 2001
- BA History of Art, University of Cambridge, 2000
Dip into the Case Studies menu to find out more about the projects I’ve done. If you would like to work with me or just want to find out more about what I do, it would be great to hear from you.