What do I do?
I am an interpretation and engagement specialist. I support people to engage with museums, culture and the world around them. I work with organisations to help them to understand their participants better, and to encourage more creative engagement. This means that I do a whole host of things, including:
- museum interpretation and resources,
- learning programmes and events,
- projects and partnerships,
- community and outreach work,
- evaluation, research and advocacy work.
The common thread? People are at the heart of it all…
Where do I work?
I’m based in Sheffield and enjoy working across the country. Over the last few years, I’ve worked with clients including the Science Museum Group, the National Trust, English National Ballet, Imperial War Museums, Children & the Arts, University of Sheffield, Museums Sheffield, Museum Development Yorkshire and the Poetry Society. Find out what they think of working with me here.
Since 1998 I have worked across the arts, heritage, community and education sectors. This has given me first-hand experience of national, regional and independent museums and galleries, historic houses, arts organisations, community projects, schools and universities. I have been part of learning, marketing and curatorial teams, and am now a big advocate of cross-departmental working. I love teaming up with artists and creative people to explore fresh perspectives and imaginative approaches. I enjoy a good spreadsheet!
My practice is built on solid foundations and I keep myself up to date and enthused with plenty of professional development:
- Associate of the Museums Association,
- Registered mentor for the AMA scheme,
- MRS Certificate in Market and Social Research,
- Winston Churchill Research Fellow,
- MA Museum Studies, University of Leicester,
- BA History of Art, University of Cambridge.
I am also a member of:
- Visitor Studies Group,
- Social History Curators Group,
- Yorkshire Fed,
- Sheffield Creative Guild.
Dip into the Case Studies menu to find out more about the projects I’ve done. If you would like to work with me or just want to find out more about what I do, it would be great to hear from you.